SHuiYuki's Makeup Haul from Sephora.SG


≧^◡^≦ Hey everyone!
It's been wayyyyy toooooo longgggg (i know) and I miss you guys too! 

To the kind souls who have been so sweet to write me email and my social media platforms (Instagram & Snapchat): 
THANK YOU for your kind words and regards. Yes, Life has been both challenging and rewarding. Every setbacks met have toughen & strengthen my determination, while every successful and positive results serves a sweet reminder on it was never a easy road to begin with & being thankful on the setbacks which have make SHuiYuki an even tougher cookie. HAHA! 💕

Aside words of encouragement and support, I have been receiving queries about getting eye makeup done from Friends - Relatives - Readers - Colleagues - Passengers - Random Strangers as well. 

Some of the most frequent asked questions are (list not in order):
  • Where & How do I shop for eye makeup
  • How do you apply / blend your eyeshadows
  • Any way(s) to prevent the colours from creasing
  • Any Beauty Websites to recommend and WHAT to buy from there

HOW do I shop for eye makeup?

SHuiYuki: I don't take chances especially buying eye makeup as any slight discomfort may cause skin irritation / permanent damage to the eye area. Worse, it may lead to blindness if the eye makeup contain harmful ingredients. 

I would normally purchase from the popular makeup brands ranging from drugstore brands such as L'oreal, Maybelline, Catrice, Revlon to luxury brands MAC, Urban Decay, Chanel etc.

Asides from my beauty trainers whom have been so generously teaching me during my 6-yrs OL Marketeer life in beauty industry, I also gain more knowledge on various makeup brands from popular YouTube Makeup Artists (Michelle Phan, Julia Graf, Wayne Goss, PONY makeup etc), Taiwan beauty variety show 女人我最大 and Korea beauty show GET IT BEAUTY.   

Always do a good amount of 'homework' (thanks to good-O trusty Google search) after chancing upon unfamiliar brands. DO NOT TAKE CHANCES ON EYE MAKEUP. Please remember the latest technology can only make us prettier, but not gaining another set of visually-paired eye balls when the worse strike.

WHERE do I shop for eye makeup?


SHuiYuki: 85% of the purchases come from retail stores as I am a strong believer of 'What you see is what you get'. I NEVER buy eye makeup from any unknown website. Which leads to the next question:

WHICH beauty website will I recommend for SAFE makeup purchases?

I only make online beauty purchases where I have 101% trust on their authenticity and better yet, verification from their retail staff. 
And with the two factors combine, it's gotta be.. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
MY BEAUTY HAVEN SEPHORA!!!

SEPHORA is the current website that provides BOTH retail and online shopping experiences for their customers and I know I will never have any trust issues when purchasing any of the Western - Asian makeup brands available in store and website. CLICK HERE to see what I mean 


And their carefully bubble-wrapped & fast delivery options really come in handy whenever my lazy bones have decided to call it a 'Rot & Roll' day at home. *LOL* #ohHelloFreebies 😍

WHY SEPHORA?! 
WHAT eye makeup should 1 buy from there? 
Any brand recommendations?

Interested to know some of my makeup haul from Sephora website? 
Do continue to SCROLL DOWN to find out MORE!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some disclaimer FIRST:
 I only review sponsored products which I have tried on myself for a period of time to see if the products are effective on me before I recommend to my readers.

Which is probably why some companies totally loath me for not posting my entry on time. Please, if I have not tried the products and do the entry for the sake of blogging just to submit before deadline, there is no creditability at all and it will also affect the Company's reputation right?
 All my reviews are 100% based on my HONEST opinions and not from the press release from the Company. I'm pretty sure my readers are internet savy to find out the ingredients etc. I'm having a combination & sensitive skin + yellow undertone. If your skin condition are similar to mine, chances are my opinions are suitable for your consideration in purchasing the product.
 What you SEE is what you GET. NO PHOTOSHOP/ RE-ADJUSTMENT OF SKIN COMPLEXION. I only cropped the pictures so you guys won't see the rest of my messy room. LOL!

Agreed to the aforementioned? (>♥) Then Let's GO ON!!! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 LIST of REPUTABLE EYE PRIMER / BASE (from drugstore to luxury brands)


My pick:


Shu Uemura Cream Shadow in P.Beige, SGD$40

A good eye primer / base will help to neutralize any discolouration around the eye area, intensify the eye shadow colours and lengthen their longevity.



Spread the eye cream shadow ALL over the eyelid to neutralise any colour discolouration, and prep the eyelid for the eye shadows that will be applying later.


#2 GOOD PIGMENTATION/ CONSTANT COLOUR PAY-OFF EYE SHADOW PRODUCTS



Literally too much 'eye-candies' for me to digest upon looking at the eye shadow pages. OMG! I WANT 'EM ALL!!! :(


Zoeva Cocoa Blend Eyeshadows SGD$36

#3 GOOD QUALITY EYE BRUSHES 
(THEY DO COME AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE TOO)





To my fellow beauty comrades who are still using their trusty mini brush / sponge-tip applicator that comes together with the makeup item: there is a saying "Everything comes with a price." No, it does not mean the price gotta be hefty, but it also doesn't mean FREE either.

It is never too late to invest in a good quality makeup brush that picks up the makeup product well and deliver the products effectively onto the face/body.

Enough of throwing envies to people who have 'perfect makeup day'. START OWNING YOURS TODAY.






Good quality makeup brushes will transfer the products easily onto the skin without having much fall outs, or having bristles coming out from the brush fennel.




#4 . "If Eyes are the windows to the Soul,
Liner will be the Perfect Frame and
Lashes are the Excellent Pair of Curtains." -SHuiYuki

GETTING A SWEET COMBI DEAL IS A MUST!
*PERFECT GIFT FOR GF/WIFE/CRUSH!* 


Marc Jacobs Beauty About Lash Night Mascara & Liner Set, SGD$39



SHuiYuki Tips: For small/ hooded/ single eyelid folks: Avoid lining the entire eye as it will shrink the overall eye look, making the eyes look even smaller.








Find the eyeliner too strong/ harsh? Get a good mix of matte dark charcoal brown and golden brown to harmonies the harsh black uneven edges by the eyeliner pencil.

#5 PUT ON TRUSTY GLITTER MACARA & FALSIE BRANDS TO AMP UP THE LASHES!



PS: Don't forget to add some GLITTERS for the extra OMPH during special occasions such as Christmas & New Year! #simplyLOVEbundleDeals








#6 MASCARA CAN BE BROWS BEST FRIEND TOO #multiTasker



Lost your eyebrow pencil? Can't find the trusty eyebrow powder and is in a hurry to rush off for appointment? FRET NOT.
Simply get rid of the excess mascara onto a clean tissue paper, sweep the remainder that is left on the mascara wand along the brows direction.

This helps to creates a more voluminous, natural brows shape. BEST of all, it keeps the brows in place too! 👍👍👍

SHuiYuki's overall makeup using the aforementioned makeup items. All items are available at www.Sephora.sg

#7: It's not just about makeup. REMOVER is the KEY.

It makes perfect sense actually.

Before anyone can have their perfect makeup on;
Skin Prep is main factor. 👍

In order for a skin to radiate to a healthy flawless glow;
Cleansing is no stranger to all young/old/male/female. 👌

BUT to make sure the skin is free of any stubborn makeup residue or excess oil;
MAKEUP REMOVER IS THE KEY. 🌟

Which many (to my utmost surprise) still using the basic water regime, hoping will remove the makeup. OMG NO?! ☠☠




Mario Badescu Eye Makeup Remover Gel (Non-Oily), SGD$14
Left: AFTER Right: BEFORE (with makeup on)

Honestly speaking, it never cross my mind to purchase any makeup remover from Sephora as I always swear by to my previous Biore Lip & Eye oil base makeup remover but the downside was it leaves milia seeds around the eye if not cleansed thoroughly. 😔 And being a lazy bum at times, yes I do spotted milla seeds on myself but thank God for my trusty beautician Shuqi at Isabel Beauty Creations manage to remove them for me without leaving any scars/marks! Thankew Shuqi! 💓💓

Been using Mario Badescu Eye Makeup Remover Gel for 5 days now and though it takes slightly longer time to remove my super 'bulletproof' work eye make up (it took me 2 more cotton pad to remove completely for each eye), but at least my beautician and I didn't spot any milia seeds anymore! #worthTheHazzelAndExtra4MoreCottonPads 👍👍👍

TIPS: It never hurts to explore the Sephora website to know more about the products they offer and who knows, you may found a lagi (much) better product than our already-in-the-comfort-zone-'holy grail' items!



Yes. This is a heavily filtered pic if you can't tell *LMAO*

Wishing everyone & your family a 

MERRY CHRISTMAS 

&

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 

≧❂◡❂≦ *WOOHOO!*


*~~**~~*
≧^◡^≦ Follow ME!
✉ Email: shuhui.Teo@hotmail.com
⌨ Twitter: www.twitter.com/SHuiYuki
❣ YouTube: www.youtube.com/SHuiYukiSG
*Spam/unnecessary stuff will not be entertained

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

with Love,

Contact Me

For sponsorships/ product reviews, please email me at: shuhui.teo@hotmail.com Thank You!