SHuiYuki's Review on CATRICE Makeup Part 2

≧'◡'≦ Hi everyone!

It's time for another review on one of my favourite European drugstore brand - CATRICE!!!
Psst, I really can't get enough of CATRICE man! ♡♡♡
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some disclaimer FIRST:

☑ I only review sponsored products which I have tried on myself for a period of time to see if the products are effective on me before I recommend to my readers.

Which is probably why some companies totally loath me for not posting my entry on time. Please, if I have not tried the products and do the entry for the sake of blogging just to submit before deadline, there is no creditability at all and it will also affect the Company's reputation right?

☑ All my reviews are 100% based on my HONEST opinions and not from the press release from the Company. I'm pretty sure my readers are internet savy to find out the ingredients etc.

☑ I'm having a combination & sensitive skin + yellow undertone. If your skin condition are similar to mine, chances are my opinions are suitable for your consideration in purchasing the product.


Agreed to the aforementioned? (>‿♥) Then Let's GO ON!!!  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
❀ My FIRST Catrice Makeup Impression and Review: CLICK HERE

(≧◡≦) I was sent some of the CATRICE from the CATRICE Singapore team (thanks Annie & team!) for my review and thoughts.

Let's head on for the reviews!!!

Note: The above products are mainly given by CATRICE Singapore. But the single quad eyeshadows shown are bought by my OWN $$. :)

CATRICE Ultimate Colour
No. 30 Ginger & Fred. 16 colours available
♦ Price: S$7.90 
 
 
1-time application of the Lip Colour

Packaging: ⭐⭐.5
Pricing: ⭐⭐⭐
Colour Payoff/ Pigmentation: ⭐⭐⭐
Easy to apply: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Longevity: ⭐⭐⭐
Alternative Brands/ Similar Dupes: L'Oreal Color Riche Series, Gurlain KissKiss Strass Series

Overall: This lipstick is creamy and easy to apply onto the lips/skin. However if it's 'easy to glide on, it also means easy to slide off.' Thus it doesn't last long for me (nope, I did not blot and reapply) after drinking my daily dose of caffeine (aka coffee). 

The colour is sheer but build-able. Especially this pretty burgundy with golden shimmer just screams 'It's Fall baby! Catch me!'  >‿◠

 CATRICE Defining Blush
No. 050 Apropos Apricot. 6+ colours available.
♦ Price: S$7.90


Packaging: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Pricing: ⭐⭐⭐
Colour Payoff/ Pigmentation: ⭐⭐⭐
Easy to apply: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Longevity: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Alternative Brands/ Similar Dupes: NARS Orgasm, MAC MSF in Porcelain Pink (Limited Edition)

Overall: 
This peachy-pink with golden shimmer is basically, the safest blush colour for ALL SKIN COLOURS. One will just need to build on the desired intensity to bring out the healthy glow on respective skin colour. A colour that is suitable for ALL - skin colour and seasons!

Colour may not be that intensive as compared to NARS Orgasm but it is definitely a good alternative for the latter.

Moreover, a worthy investment if you are not sure what blush colour suit you best for work/play.

CATRICE Skin Finish
No. 10 Transparent. 4 shades available
♦ Price: S$7.90


Packaging: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Pricing: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Colour Payoff/ Pigmentation: ⭐⭐⭐
Easy to apply: ⭐⭐⭐
Longevity: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Alternative Brands/ Similar Dupes: MAC MSF in Light, Maybelline Pure Mineral Foundation

Overall:
I have never touch sucha silky smooth texture compact foundation other than Maybelline Pure Mineral foundation! And this is definitely more pocket-friendly than the latter.

It mattifies my skin without look cakey or draw fine lines around the eye area. Of course, please do not apply too much foundation near your eye area (compact foundation does not serve to conceal, it SETS.)


CATRICE Retouch Light Reflecting Concealer
♦ Price: S$7.90

 

Packaging: ⭐⭐⭐
Pricing: ⭐⭐.5
Colour Payoff/ Pigmentation: ⭐⭐
Easy to apply: ⭐⭐
Longevity: ⭐⭐.5
Alternative Brands/ Similar Dupes: L'Oreal Lucent Highlighting Pen, Lancome Teint Miracle Highlighter
Overall: I can't help but feeling a little disappointed in this product. I was hoping this will be at least on par with L'Oreal Lucent Highlighting Pen but unfortunately, it does not give out the radiant glow / hightlighting effect.

But on contradictory, if you are looking for light-medium concealing coverage + very subtle highlighting effects - this may be of your consideration to your Purchase List.


CATRICE All Round Mascara
Ultra Black.
♦ Price: S$5.90
 
Packaging: ⭐⭐⭐
Pricing: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Colour Payoff/ Pigmentation: ⭐⭐⭐
Easy to apply: ⭐⭐⭐
Longevity: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Alternative Brands/ Similar Dupes: Essence 2-in-1 Volume Mascara, Maybelline Everlasting Mascara

Overall: A regular volumizing mascara with a traditional mascara wand. It does curl up my lashes but only for a while (1 hour max). Does a bit of lengthening as well.

If you do not have short, fine, straight lashes like me, you may wish to consider this product. For me, I will still prefer Dasoda mega lengthening & volumizing mascara! ♡

CATRICE Ultimate Moisture
No. 10 Light Beige
 ♦ Price: S$10.90
Packaging: ⭐⭐⭐
Pricing: ⭐⭐⭐
Colour Payoff/ Pigmentation: ⭐⭐⭐
Easy to apply: ⭐⭐.5
Longevity: ⭐⭐.5
Alternative Brands/ Similar Dupes: Any BB/CC creams

Overall: This colour is not suitable for me as I have yellow undertones (yah, this BB foundation contains pink tones). It leaves abit of sticky texture after application (but that ends after powdering the face). I wore this foundation for about 12hour (no touch-up/ blotting at all) and my T-zone did shine (not like a grease ball though!) at the end of the day.
CATRICE Smokey Eyes Set
No. 30 Meet Me At The Bonfire. Available in 4 more colours/sets.
♦ Price: S$8.90

Packaging: ⭐⭐⭐
Pricing: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Colour Payoff/ Pigmentation: ⭐⭐⭐
Easy to apply: ⭐⭐⭐
Longevity: ⭐⭐⭐
Alternative Brands/ Similar Dupes: Essence Smokey Eyes Set, Dior 5 Couleurs Lift 

Overall: This compact friendly contains the basic needs for an eye make up - eyeshadows with pearly, shimmer and matte finish + cream eyeliner to create more definition for day/night look.

=^.^= My must-have eye makeup kit whenever I'm doing a 'short' haul flight (e.g. KUL) and just want to bring minimum items as possible!

CATRICE Smokey Eyes Pencil
No. 40 Petrolling In The Deep. 3 colours available
♦ Price: S$4.90
 

Packaging: ⭐⭐⭐
Pricing: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Colour Payoff/ Pigmentation: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Easy to apply: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Longevity: ⭐⭐⭐
Alternative Brands/ Similar Dupes: NYX Slide On Pencil

Overall: A fantastic find for drugstore products! This eye pencil is so easy to work with (without pulling/tugging the dedicate eyelids)! The brush at the opposite end is firm yet soft to smudge out to create a softer eye liner look. However, it does crease a bit after 12hour without looking like a panda.
 
CATRICE Kohl Kajal
No. 10 Ultra Black. 8 colours available
♦ Price: S$3.90

Packaging: ⭐⭐⭐
Pricing: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Colour Payoff/ Pigmentation: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Easy to apply: ⭐⭐⭐
Longevity: ⭐⭐
Alternative Brands/ Similar Dupes: NYX Slide On Pencil, MAC Khol Eyeliner Pencil
Overall: Packaging nice. Super affordable price yes. Good colour payoff yes. BUT it creases like mad after minutes of application! >.<" I have oily eyelids and I have tried using with/ without eye primer. The results still the same.

Not recommendable for those who have oily eyelids or using it to draw waterline. >.<" 

CATRICE Absolute Eye Colour Mono Eyeshadow
Right-Left: 490 Vanessa's Paradise, 350 Starlight Espresso, 80 Go! Charlie Brown
27+ Colours Available.
♦ Price: S$4.90 each
 


Packaging: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Pricing: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Colour Payoff/ Pigmentation: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Easy to apply: ⭐⭐⭐
Longevity: ⭐⭐⭐
Alternative Brands/ Similar Dupes: MAC Single eyeshadows, Essence Mono Eye Shadows
Overall:

CHECKLIST
A HUGE variety of:

Colours: ✓
Textures/ Effects (Matte, Pearl, Shimmer, Velvet): ✓
Colour Payoff: ✓
Pocket Friendly: ✓

ANOTHER AWESOME GEM IN DRUGSTORE!

Read more about other CATRICE Eye Shadow Quads: CLICK HERE

FINALLY...

My LOTD (Look of the Day) using ONLY CATRICE makeup!




  • Face: Ultimate Moisture BB, Skin Finish Compact Powder
  • Concealer: Retouch Light Reflecting Concealer 
  • Contour: Mono Eye Eyeshadow in Go! Charlie Brown 
  • Blush: Defining Blush in Apropos Apricot
  • Lips: Ultimate Colour in Ginger & Fred
  • Eyes:
    • Liner: Smokey Eye Pencil in Petrolling in the Deep
    • Outer V/ Creaseline: Starlight Espresso
    • Turquoise Eyeshadow: Vanessa's Paradise
    • Mascara: All Round Mascara in Ultra Black
    • Waterline: Kohl Kajal in Ultra Black (>.< Which instantly smudges minutes after application)

CATRICE has always been one of my favourite drugstore products way before it came to Singapore. Although there are a couple of hit & misses products but nevertheless, they have so many amazing variety of products that I'm pretty sure you will like them as much as I did!

Aside from the chic packaging (which doesn't make them look as though they are part of any typical drugstore brands), I'm also loving their great colour payoff from their eyeshadow and blush collection!

Do try them out at some of the major Guardian outlets today. They have testers available at all CATRICE counters. You won't be disappointed.

Have fun!
XOXO

♠ CATRICE Singapore Facebook: CLICK HERE

Many thanks to CATRICE SINGAPORE for sending me the products for my thoughts and reviews to share across to my friends and readers!

*~~**~~*
≧^◡^≦ Follow ME!
✉ Email: shuhui.Teo@hotmail.com
⌨ Twitter: www.twitter.com/SHuiYuki
❣ YouTube: www.youtube.com/SHuiYukiSG
*Spam/unnecessary stuff will not be entertained

8 comments:

  1. Love the product that you present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shuhui,

    I'm Julie from GlassesOnline Singapore.
    I saw your blog and I would like to collaborate with you, I just sent you an email to shuhui.teo@hotmail.com

    Looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

    Kind regards,

    Julie Dedeur - julie@glassesonline.com.my
    Brand Ambassador Manager

    8 Lorong Ceylon,
    50250 Kuala Lumpur
    Malaysia
    M: + 60 11 11 28 42 58

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mademoiselle P

    Greetings! :) Thanks babe and welcome to my lil blog! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have catrice lipsticks. They smell so good and are very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard the single eyeshadows are drugstore gems maybe I should try them too. :D I love Catrice I just wish they also have foundations/BB creams for yellow undertone. I love their Defining Blush. :D

    http://ladyarizel.blogspot.com/2015/08/catrice-cosmetics-nude-illusion.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent makeup part, i really enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Photostream

with Love,

Contact Me

For sponsorships/ product reviews, please email me at: shuhui.teo@hotmail.com Thank You!